WAREHOUSE SHIFT LEADER - Entry-Level
Full-time at our DC in Boulder, CO
The MOD must balance the demands of customer service, Team supervision and basic DC operations. Under the direction of the Sr. Distribution / Fulfillment Manager (SDFM), your responsibilities include (but are not limited to) serving as the manager on duty (MOD) in the absence of the Manager, dock supervision, periodic maintenance, safety, and systems; and carrying out Pharmaca processes and procedures as expected, requested or required. The MOD drives logistics productivity and ensures a high level of performance is taking place.
As a DC MOD you would be working at the Distribution Center with team members in the departments of Receiving, Put-away, Picking, Packing, and Labeling. You will be preparing shipments for direct-to-customer ecommerce orders, as well as processing shipments for our retail locations. Our clean Distribution Center has a motivated, positive team with an emphasis on safety, attitude, accuracy, and speed.
To perform this job successfully, you must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Your performance will be evaluated on the following throughout the year:
- Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner. Maintains objectivity and does not exhibit extreme emotions when dealing with issues.
- Responsible for making sure that inventory is properly stored, rotated and shipped to prevent damage or spoilage
- Opens and closes store according to proper procedures.
- Observes safety and security procedures. Is familiar with emergency procedures
- Unpacks merchandise, places merchandise on shelves. Breaks down boxes, takes out trash, dusts shelves, cleans restrooms and other housekeeping duties.
- Capability to operate software applications on a handheld device for Picking, Receiving and QC
- Basic math skills -- adding, subtracting, multiplying, dividing in all units of measure using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals
- Proven organizational skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to push, pull, lift 50lbs.
- Can work under strict timelines and deadlines to ensure each day’s shipments are completed as needed
- Skills to operate safely, maintain a great attitude, operate accurately in all areas, and develop an efficient operating speed
- Works quickly and with a sense of urgency.
Being a Team Member at Pharmaca involves making a commitment to creating an extraordinary environment for the customer and the coworkers. The following guidelines outline the expectations for performance and behavior in key areas that contribute to making that extraordinary environment. If you have questions, please feel free to discuss with your manager.
- Problem Solving – Looks for solutions; discusses problems with appropriate people instead of letting them go on or involving other Team Members. Stays reasonable when dealing with emotional situations.
- Collaboration – Actively works to promote the integrative environment with the pharmacy team and provide the “Feel Better” experience with the customer.
- Interpersonal - Focuses on solving conflict, not blaming; maintains confidentiality; listens to others without interrupting; keeps emotions under control; Remains open to others' ideas and tries new things.
- Oral Communication - Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; listens and gets clarification; responds well to questions.
- Team Work - Exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views; gives and welcomes feedback; contributes to building a positive team spirit; puts success of team above own interests.
- Written Communication - Able to read and interpret written information at an intermediate level.
- Quality Management - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness.
- Cost Consciousness - Works within approved budget; conserves organizational resources.
- Diversity - Shows respect and sensitivity for cultural differences; promotes a harassment-free environment.
- Ethics - Treats people with respect; keeps commitments; works with integrity and ethically; upholds organizational values.
- Organizational Support - Follows policies and procedures; completes administrative tasks correctly and on time; supports organization's goals and values.
- Adaptability - Adapts to changes in the work environment; manages competing demands; changes approach or method to best fit the situation; Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
- Attendance/Punctuality - Is consistently on time and at work; ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent; arrives at meetings and appointments on time.
- Dependability - Follows instructions, responds to management direction; takes responsibility for own actions; keeps commitments; completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
- Initiative - Volunteers readily; asks for and offers help when needed.
- Judgment - Includes appropriate people in decision-making process.
- Professionalism - Approaches others in a tactful manner; treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; accepts responsibility for own actions; follows through on commitments.
- Quality - Applies feedback to improve performance; monitors own work to ensure quality.
- Quantity - Completes work in timely manner; works quickly and with a sense of urgency.
- Safety and Security - Observes safety and security procedures
- Pursues training and development opportunities within the industry and specialty. Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills.
- Prior warehouse shipping and receiving experience is required
- Must have the ability to perform addition, subtraction, multiplication and division at a high school-level.
- Capacity to read/interpret documents such as Distribution Center SOPs, invoices, and safety rules
- Capability to stand on your feet for your entire shift, and safely move around quickly in a Warehouse environment
- Properly receiving and making sure that product has arrived in good condition. Checking for damages of product, noting invoices correctly, and properly submitting using software on the handheld device.
- Putting away correctly, labeling full cases on expiration dates, properly labeling the bin number for any top-stock full cases, and filling a bin using FIFO.
- Picking appropriately, scanning each product to ensure proper rotation of product.
- Packing and labeling with care and accuracy, validating addresses and labels.
This position will work in a warehouse/distribution center. Typically, a warehouse environment is subject to exposure to extreme temperature changes, moisture, noise, odors, and moving equipment. This position requires moving heavy items, and pallet jacks on a regular basis. It requires frequent lifting, carrying, pushing and pulling up to 50 lbs. This position will be required to help perform other physical activities such as moving pallets, loading trucks, reaching, and bending.
You'll have access to a large product learning base, along with continual education in an amazing environment. We offer United Healthcare insurance, 401K, paid time off, bonus plan and a generous Team Member discount.